Biohacking is for everyone!
Recently, I went to a very cool presentation by Luis Arauz, Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutritionist and Executive Coach. His presentation was called “How to Biohack your way to Higher Performance.” I don’t know about you, but “biohacking” is still a relatively new term to me.
Here is the definition of “biohacking” that I like the most:
The 6 steps of biohacking
1. Identify a problem that needs to be fixed. What system or bad habit do you want to hack? For example, do you get chronic headaches? Do you have trouble sleeping? Are you addicted to sugar? Any of these things can be “hacked.”
- The problem (chronic headaches)
- What hack is being attempted (Seeing if eating 25 grams of sugar per day instead of a high sugar diet will help relieve your chronic headaches)
- How long you will attempt this hack (one month)
- How you will determine your baseline (rating your headache pain on a scale of 1 to 10 for 1 week before starting the hack; doing the same rating exercise every day during your experiment)
- How you will track your hack (measuring your daily intake of sugar using a food log app)
- What you will need to do in order to implement the hack (making sure you eat plenty of vegetables, protein, and healthy fat so that you don’t go for sugary snacks)
- How you will know if the experiment is working (reviewing your daily ratings)