Bulletproof Conference: A Debrief
Bulletproof Conference 2015 did NOT disappoint. I was excited to walk in and see…
- Free-flowing Bulletproof Coffee
- An entire room filled with cutting edge Biohacking technology and toys
- IV therapy & blood testing (I got my hormones tested. I also got a vitamin shot injected into my butt cheek… Woo!)
- Lots of vibrant people walking around in yoga pants
- Bulletproof Whole Body Vibration Plates available for use in between speeches (Whole Body Vibration increases energy, stimulates lymphatic drainage/the excretion of toxins, and increases circulation.)
I’m going to share the BEST biohacks from the Bulletproof Conference.
The 5 Best Bulletproof Conference Biohacks of 2015
Hack your sleep.
If you’re trying to lose weight, fight infection, or perform at your best, make sleep a priority. Dr. Tami Mergalia shared some great sleep tips…
- Sleep in a room that’s between 65-68 degrees fahrenheit.
- Don’t look at digital screens 1-2 hours before bedtime. The blue light from LED technology interferes with your melatonin production and circadian rhythm. If you have to use technology before bed, mitigate the damage by using a Screen Protector.
- Sleep drugs like Ambien or Benadryl do not allow you to access stage 5 of the sleep cycle (a necessary stage to feel restored). Instead, try safe sleep aids like Passion Flower, L-Theanine, or Melatonin.
- When it comes to adrenal health, the best time to go to sleep is around 10pm or 10:30pm. Start creeping back your bedtime by 15 minute intervals every week until it feels natural to go to bed at that time.
Hack jet lag or a poor night’s sleep with meditation.
Ziva Meditation Goddess Emily Fletcher explained that meditation can be 2-5x more restful than sleep. Needless to say, meditation has a high return of investment. You owe it to yourself and everyone around you to meditate.
- Try some of the meditation exercises I mentioned in my blog titled “My Bulletproof Coach Training Experience: Head, Heart, and Hara.”
Hack your happiness.
Research shows that happiness impacts longevity and health as much as giving up smoking. Bulletproof CEO Dave Asprey said that happy people are 31% more productive, achieve 37% higher sales, and are 300% more creative. He talked about many ways you can boost your happiness…
- Exercise 3x per week. People who exercised more than 3x per week did not show a difference in happiness levels, according to a study.
- Give happiness to receive it. Practicing generosity increases happiness.
- Hangout with happy people. Happiness is contagious.
- Feed your brain with nutritious food. A well-fed brain supports the neurotransmitters that boost your mood.
- Be grateful. At the end of the day, write down 3 things for which you are grateful.
- Set meaningful life goals or take actions that move your life in a positive direction.
- Let go of perfection. Happy people don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Forgive. Anger is like poison in your body.
- Don’t be an island. Create strong meaningful connections with people.
Hack finding your life’s purpose.
Motivational speaker and bestselling author Brendon Burchard explained that it’s okay to not know your purpose. Our purpose changes throughout our life, but you can get closer to discovering it by implementing the following tips…
- Do the hobbies and activities you love.
- As time goes on, one of those hobbies will emerge as your top interest, allowing you to get closer to pursuing your purpose.
- Work on improving all areas of your life; you’ll become more confident and more attractive to other people.
- When you’re more attractive to other people, more opportunities will arise that may bring you closer to finding your current purpose.
Hack your nutrition.
Author, speaker, and podcaster Daniel Vitalis expressed the importance of “ReWilding” our domesticated lives to have better health…
- Eat more plants, grass-fed animals, fungi, and bacteria (fermented foods).
- When given food options, always choose the more “wild” food. For example, choose dandelion greens over romaine lettuce. Pick wild blueberries from your own garden instead of buying blueberries shipped across the world to your local supermarket. Other foods Daniel recommended: wild mushrooms, wild leeks, and oysters!
- Switch to spring water using findaspring.com.
I could write a whole book on the conference, but I’ll leave you with those 5 tips for now. What biohack made the biggest difference in your life? Try out some of the tips in the blog and let me know how it goes! [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]