Happy summer! I have just finished the Insanity workout program. I lost a few pounds, my speed and cardio has improved, and I feel great! I wanted to share a few things that helped me get through the 60-day program from start to finish:
- *Accept imperfection. I NEVER would have made it through this program if I compared myself to the athletes in the DVDs and forced myself to workout as hard as they were. I took breaks if I needed to. Instead of letting my ego take over, I made good form my #1 priority.
- *Prevent boredom. I made sure that I had fun music to keep the workouts exciting. Also, if my mojo was lacking, I substituted Insanity with lifting weights or taking an exercise class instead. Then, I’d just pick up where I left off.
- *Schedule a workout time. This was critical. I became consistent in exercising first thing in the morning. I began to look forward to it. My days became more productive as I had more energy. Pick a time that’s going to work for you every day and make it non-negotiable.
- *Prevent soreness and injury. During the program, I used China Gel on sore muscles. I also foam rolled, stayed hydrated, and made sleep a priority.
- *Stay motivated. I made the Insanity schedule my background on my phone in order to be constantly reminded of my goal to complete the program. Doing my workouts in front of a mirror motivated me to work harder and maintain good form, as well. Even little things like laying out my workout clothes the night before or putting the next day’s DVD in the disc drive helped me stay on track.
I hope this will help you stay on track with your fitness program! Trust yourself, have fun, and maintain a positive attitude. If you have any questions about Insanity or anything fitness-related, let me know!
Decide. Commit. Succeed.